Chyulu Hills Magical Kenya wilderness
Eat my dust zebras! The Chyulu hills magical Kenya wilderness on horseback with a giraffe around every bush and jackals trotting along beside you
- Kenya’s Chyulu Hills may not be as well known as the mighty Masaai Mara to the west and the wildlife-packed Tsavo to the east, but it’s no less exciting
- Easy to get to Chyulu Hills by bush plane from Nairobi and immediately meet majestic beasts
- Nothing beats getting up close and personal with wildlife from horseback
- ol Donyo Lodge at Chyulu Hills is a quirky mix of modern cool and Masaai detail
- Watch local giraffes and elephants from the private pool
Is a 100km stretch of volcanic mountains bisected by broad, grassy plains studded with thorny acacia trees, the Chyulu Hills might be a national park but they’re barely known compared to the mighty Masaai Mara to the west and the wildlife-packed Tsavo to the east.
What you will find at Chyulu Hills, however, are animals and plenty of them. Within seconds of stepping off the little bush plane that will ferry you to Chyulu Hills from Nairobi’s international airport, You will spot a couple of honking wildebeest, a twitchy group of oryx and a dazzle – yes, that is the proper name – of peacefully grazing zebra.
But much in Kenya is incredible. From the bright pink flamingos of Lake Nakuru to the gorgeous Indian Ocean beaches of the coast where you end up your trip, it’s hard not to fall in love with the place.