Dedication to Sustainable Travel and Responsible Tourism
For years, Nature Bound Africa has supported initiatives that were of benefit to the environment, helped protect the environment and aided the communities in which we work. Our mission statements make the promotion of ecotourism and environmentally aware policies mandatory in every aspect of our business.
In our offices
Our offices have adopted a number of policies to reuse, recycle and conserve wherever possible.
- Paper conservation efforts such as two sided printing
- Changes to energy efficient lighting
- Powering off computers during lunches and when leaving for the day
- Using recycled paper where possible (including our price list)
- Providing more information by email and internet, reducing printed documents
In our planning
We have designed a number of itineraries that reduce the dependency on vehicles. Also, we now have a variety of activities that allow cultural interaction with proceeds helping the community.
- Walking, hiking and trekking safaris
- Fly-in safaris (saving the need for vehicles driving long distances)
- Community activities where our safari participants get involved
In our workshops
We have taken a number of steps in our workshops to make sure that we can reduce the carbon footprint created by our safaris. These include:
- Proper tyre inflation
- Engine tune-ups to improve fuel consumption
- Recycling of oil
- Driver training on driving techniques to reduce fuel usage
We are proud members of Pack for a Purpose, an initiative that allows travelers like you to make a lasting impact in the community at your travel destination. If you save just a few kilos of space in your suitcase and bring supplies for area schools or medical clinics in need, you’ll make a priceless impact in the lives of our local children and families.
We support the Plaster House, a very special home in Arusha that enables children, from all over Tanzania, to recover after they have had corrective surgery, orthopaedic surgery, plastic surgery or neurosurgery for a disability.
The home currently serves more than 160 children. The children are housed here until they are ready to return home. Schooling is provided while they are recovering here, in addition to all the other services that ensure a positive outcome for their recovery.
Please click here to see what supplies are needed for our project/projects.
Don't see the perfect trip on the list? No worries! We'd be happy to make a custom itinerary for you, so you can get exactly what you want out of your African adventure. Just give us a call!
East Africa: (+255) 784 737 413