Kenya South Coast Holiday
The coastline south of Mombasa is a tropical paradise of palm fringed white sand beaches.
Kenya South Coast holiday is filled with sunshine and nights are balmy and warm with gentle sea breezes. The offshore reefs are alive with turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean where they meet with beautiful coral reefs. The protective reefs have created ideal beaches with calm, inviting waters.coral, myriad fish, sea turtles and dolphins.
Both outer and inner reef walls offer world class diving with spectacular coral gardens and drop offs. At Kisite-Mpunguti, a Marine Reserve has been established around beautiful Wasini Island, an ideal day trip for divers and snorkellers.
The beaches are bordered by lush green coastal rainforests with prolific birdlife and variety of wildlife including baboons, rare colobus monkeys and even leopard.
A wide range of World Class resorts, centred around Diani Beach allow visitors to relax and enjoy this natural paradise with the best standards of accommodation, service and cuisine.
The south coast also has many smaller quiet getaways such as Tiwi Beach, ideal for travellers looking for a low key break. Inland, the fertile hinterland of Kwale District consists of small villages inhabited by the Wakamba, Digo and Duruma tribes.
Further south, the small fishing village of Shimoni is home to a series of deep mysterious coastal caves that stretch from the sea to deep into the jungles.
Historically, these caves were long used as a refuge for Dhow Sailors, Arab slavers and explorers. Shimoni is also an excellent base for big game fishing in the waters of the Pemba Channel.
Whether you are looking for a base to actively explore this fascinating region, or just somewhere to unwind and find peace, Kenya’s south coast has everything you could wish for.
- Local tourist taxes
- Binoculars for game drive viewing
- Bottled Water at all times while on safari
- Park or reserve entry fees – where applicable
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Game drives or sightseeing as detailed on the itinerary – where indicated
- All meals at hotels as mentioned in the itinerary – ( Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner )
- Ground transportation with an English-speaking driver/guide or naturalist guide
- Pick up from airport of arrival and drop off to the airport of departure while on safari
- Transport based on excellent 4X4 Vehicle (Landcruiser) with open roof for game viewing
- Full board Accommodation and If accommodation is fully booked we’ll suggest a comparable alternative
- International flights
- Tips and gratuities, which are optional
- Airport customs entry visas (currently US$ 50 per person)
- Balloon Flight Trip over the Serengeti or Maasai Mara
- Optional Night Game Drives or any tour mentioned as Optional Tours
**PLEASE NOTE: The tour can be upgraded to a higher standard accommodation at an extra cost. It can also be cheaper if less expensive (but still good quality) accommodation is used. The final cost of the tour depends on your budget and preference.